The Dacono Police Department strives to ensure that animals, their owners and neighbors live in safety and harmony. If all pet owners adhere to the basic responsibilities associated with owning a pet, most conflicts can be peacefully resolved.
Please do not allow your pet(s) to become a threat or nuisance in the community. Know and obey all animal laws. Make sure you have a secure enclosure so your pet will not run loose.
- Know your responsibilities and the laws related to pets
- Dogs must be on a leash when off the owner’s property except when walking in a designated off-leash area
- Dog owners must pick up and properly dispose of their dog’s defecation both on and off the owner’s property
- A dog owner must ensure their dog does not bite, injure, chase, threaten, bark, howl at, or disturb anyone
- Cats should be kept inside but at a minimum should be confined to their owners’ property.
For a full description of local animal control laws, please reference the Dacono Municipal Code.