Voter Registration Instructions
The Weld County Election Department is responsible for voter registration:
- compilation of ballots, absentee ballots, and early voting ballots for the regular primary, general, and special county elections
- training of election judges
- conduct of election day procedures
- tabulation of election day results
- certification of the election with the county canvass board
Online voter registration through the Colorado Secretary of State, at the office of the Weld County Clerk and Recorder, or at any driver's license office. Forms to register by mail are also available at these locations. The "Motor Voter" initiative passed in 1984 also allows citizens to register to vote at a driver's license department. Registration is permanent as long as the voter continues to reside at the same address and vote in each general election. A voter must be a citizen of the United States, 18 years old by the time of the election, and a resident of Colorado.