The Dacono Police Department is seeking qualified candidates to fill 1 position. (Updated 11/14/2023)
Job description includes but is not limited to:
Enforce State and Local Laws, respond to calls for service, and complete reports in a timely manner. Ability to testify in State, County, and Municipal Courts, department of motor vehicle hearings when necessary. Traffic enforcement, investigate crimes from beginning to conclusion, interview victims, witnesses, and suspects. Safely operate a patrol vehicle, maintain proficiency with police related equipment.
- Providing professional police services by applying the tenets of Responsive, Diligence, Resolute.
- Work rotating shifts - including holidays, weekends, days and nights.
- 4/10 work schedule
- Presents a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance.
Range of compensation involves a 6 step plan ranging from entry level, $81,242 to top level of $103,688. Movement between steps is achieved if the employee receives a successful performance evaluation.
Laterals: Prior law enforcement experience is given consideration when determining the level of compensation.
- 21 years of age
- GED/High school diploma
- Current Colorado P.O.S.T. Basic Certification, or eligibility to obtain Colorado P.O.S.T. Basic Certification if already certified as a peace officer in another state.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license at time of appointment
- GED/High school diploma
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directives and keep accurate records
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, including use of proper grammar and legible handwriting
- Ability to perform essential physical functions of the job.
Personal time off, Paid Holidays, Paid Overtime, Health Benefits (Anthem, AmFirst, and Nextera Healthcare), Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement – FPPA Statewide Defined Benefit Plan, Short Term Disability Employer paid life insurance, AFLAC
Application, Interviews, Written Test, Background investigation, Psychological, CVSA, Medical/Drug Screen
Application for employment, Personal History Questionnaire, and Consent to Release Information forms must be completed for applications to be accepted. (PDF Links above)
Applications may also be picked up, dropped off, and mailed to:
Dacono Police Department
512 Cherry Avenue - Building B
Dacono, CO 80514
Applications can be also emailed to: Bfitch@cityofdacono.com
Equal Opportunity Clause:
The City of Dacono is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin or disability.1