- Your Government
Payment assistance is available through local non-profit organizations, including:
- Carbon Valley Help Center: (303) 833-6626
- Low Income Household Water Assistance (LIHWAP)
- CDHS received additional funding from federal government to assist low income households with their water services. LIHWAP was created to provide a benefit to qualifying households to help reconnect their disconnected drinking water or waste/sewer services, or help the household if facing disconnection with their drinking water and waste/sewer services, or if they have a past due amount with their drinking water and waste/sewer services. Funds are limited and are on a first-come-first-served basis. If you would like to learn more about this limited time program visit the Colorado Low-income Energy Assistance Program or call (720) 788-8050 to see if you qualify and apply.
- Our Center of Longmont: (303) 772-5529
- United Way of Weld County: (970) 353-4300
- Weld County Emergency Rental and Assistance (ERA): (970) 400-6600
Most utility services can be performed online.
- Payments can be made through the online portal, payment drop-box at City Hall or send a check through the U.S. Mail
- We encourage use of e-check for online payments of any kind
- Over the phone credit card payments are discouraged for the safety and security of your personal information
- Consider signing-up for automated payments and paperless utility bill by email.
The City accepts credit cards and debit cards to pay your monthly water and trash bill.
The City of Dacono provides treated water to all residential, commercial and industrial customers in the city limits. Water is billed monthly. The base cost for residential water is $30 for up to 5,000 gallons.
A capital improvements fee is charged each month to all water users for repayment of bonds for the water tower and other water bonds, and line replacement and other capital costs. Residential customers are charged $17 for the capital improvement fee.
Account Access Available
View your utility account, review three year consumption activity, historical payments and change how you receive your bill, then pay your balance. The payment is automatically credited to your account.
After Hours Emergency Service
The after hours emergency number for Public Works / Water is (303) 598-1704.
Waste Connections Price Increase Effective October 1, 2022
Waste Connections has advised the City of Dacono of a 3% price increase for refuse collection effective October 1, 2022. The price increase will change monthly trash service cost from $10.93/month to $11.26/month. November utility billing will reflect this rate increase.
Weekly trash and biweekly recycling is provided to all residents by Waste Connections of Colorado. All residential customers will receive a 96 gallon trash tote and a 96 gallon recycling tote. Refuse collection is included on the monthly water bill. The monthly rate for trash and recycling collection is $10.93. For questions regarding service or missed trash collection, call 303-288-2100, Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Note: Please have totes out for pick up by 7:00 am on collection day. Please follow these Pickup Guidelines to ensure your trash and recycling are picked up each time.
Holiday / Weather: Waste Connections of Colorado observes the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. If your service falls on any of these holidays, your pickup will be delayed by one day. For example, if your regular trash day is Thursday, pickup will be delayed until Friday. The normal pickup schedule will resume the following week. Waste Connections of Colorado reserves the right to cancel service on any days it considers unsafe due to inclement weather. Services will resume on your next scheduled collection day.
If you are a new resident of Dacono, please contact both the City at (303) 833-2317 and Waste Connections of Colorado at (303) 288-2100 to establish trash service.