- Your Government
- Community Development
- Long-Range Planning
- Comprehensive Plan
Dacono Forward Comprehensive Plan 2017
Adopted in 2017, the "Dacono Forward Comprehensive Plan” will guide our community into the future with great thought, passion and intention. The vision is of a community with a diversity of living choices ranging from starter homes and cottages to paired and patio homes. Residents will benefit from connections to public and open spaces, a regional trail system, and a growing number of civic and recreational facilities. The vision of this plan will be advanced through efforts by its appointed and elected officials, residents, business and property owners, and other stakeholders invested in a complete and healthy community.
The City has adopted the following land use, planning and transportation documents as a supplement to the Dacono Forward Comprehensive Plan:
- City of Dacono Transportation Plan, prepared by Felsburg, Holt & Ullevig, (Resolution 03-29).
- City of Dacono Water Master Plan, prepared by Clear Water Solutions, Inc. (Resolution 07-48).
- City of Dacono Parks, Trails and Outdoor Recreation Master Plan, prepared by Civil Resources, LLC, (Resolution 08-24).
- City of Dacono 2011 Water Conservation Plan, prepared by Clear Water Solutions (Resolution 11-43).
- City of Dacono Potable Water Master Plan, prepared by Frachetti Engineering (Resolution 14-08).
- City of Dacono Field Inventory, Regional Transportation and Drainage Impact Fees Analysis, prepared by Tait & Associates
Comprehensive Plan Amendment- January 24, 2023
The City of Dacono Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a Public Hearing commencing at 6:00 p.m., Tuesday, January 24, 2023, at the Dacono City Hall Annex, 512 Cherry Avenue, Building C, Dacono, Colorado 80514. The purpose of the Public Hearing is to consider a proposed amendment to Dacono Forward, the City of Dacono Comprehensive Plan 2017, to include an I-25 Subarea Plan.
Dacono Forward applies to the City’s municipal limits and its urban growth area, as shown in Figure 1 of the adopted plan, and includes land generally bounded by Highway 52 to the north, I-25 to the west, Weld County Road 21 to the east, and Weld County Road 6 to the south; the I-25 Subarea Plan includes that portion along I-25.
Any person may appear at the Public Hearing and be heard regarding the matters under consideration.
Planning Area Boundary
The area outside Dacono city limits is under the jurisdiction of Weld County. The planning area is the area of potential annexation and growth of the city. Dacono's planning area is about 22 square miles (14,080 acres), bounded by State Highway 52 on the north, Weld County Road 21 on the east, Weld County Road 6 on the south, and Interstate 25 on the west.